Obstetrics (Pregnancy and Birth)
Delivering Life’s Greatest Gift
A new baby truly is life’s greatest gift – the anticipation over nine months, the excitement when your little one arrives, and the joy as the bond between you and baby grows are to be cherished. We at Lakes Regional Healthcare are honored to be a part of your greatest gift and do our best to make these experiences that much more special.
Sometimes the road to having a baby isn’t as easy as you’d expect. Our family medicine physicians help you through the fertility process and connect you with specialists to give you the best chance to have a baby.
As one of our expectant moms, you enjoy comprehensive, personalized prenatal care from physicians that are as excited about your new addition as you. Once it’s time for your baby to arrive, you can experience the entire labor, delivery, and recovery process here in comfortably luxurious, medically-advanced suites. Special amenities such as whirlpool tubs, private family spaces, and natural healing elements, combined with new technologies to quickly and safely manage emergency situations and provide enhanced newborn security, offer the best in comfort and technology. Altogether, it’s no wonder why Lakes Regional Healthcare’s Birth Center is the premier place to have a baby in northwest Iowa and southwest Minnesota.
Special features at Lakes Regional Healthcare include:
- Emphasis on the mother’s comfort during labor and delivery
- Labor, delivery, recovery post-partum rooms allow mom and baby to stay, in most cases, in one room for their entire stay
- Large rooms with glider rockers and tub/shower/whirlpool
- Nurse with each mom to follow progress and assist the physician
- Fathers encouraged to be part of the birth, including cesarean births
- Pain management options including epidurals and intrathecals
- Mom and baby care education
- Pull out bed for dad
- Special care nursery for newborns needing additional medical attention
- Complimentary gift bags
- Complimentary foot spas
- Newborn Hearing Screening
- State of the art fetal monitoring
- Lactation consultants to help with breastfeeding
- Electronic infant security system
- Complimentary candlelight dinner for new parents
- Free wireless internet service
- Childbirth education classes offered throughout the year, including refresher classes
- Breastfeeding education class offered throughout the year
- Baby photo displayed on Lakes Regional Healthcare’s Facebook page
- Hand-knitted hat from Lakes Regional Healthcare Volunteers
We have the absolute best physicians in the region to deliver your baby. They are all accepting new patients and would be honored to deliver your baby in our Birth Center.
If you have any questions, please talk to your provider or call us at 712-336-8646.