TYPES OF VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Volunteering at Lakes Regional Healthcare is a great way to meet people, gain new skills, share your talents and give back to the community. Volunteers work in various locations throughout the hospital, in the Gift Shop and even within their own homes. Wherever they serve, volunteers add an extra touch of compassionate care to the patient experience.
Gift Shop Volunteer
Gift Shop Volunteers are the frontline staff that greet and assist customers, ring up their purchases, and straighten up and restock shelves. Shifts are weekdays between 9 am and 12 pm and 12 pm and 3 pm.
West Entrance Volunteer
West Entrance Volunteers escort and direct patients to various locations within the organization such as the Laboratory or Imaging, and transport patients via wheelchair. Shifts are weekdays from 8 am until 12 pm and 12 pm until 4 pm.
East Entrance Volunteer
East Entrance Volunteers are the smiling faces patients, visitors, and staff first see when they walk into LRH’s east atrium. They assist patients and inpatient visitors in getting where they need to be on the campus by telling them patient room numbers, communicating with registration and patient care staff. Shifts are weekdays from 8 am until 12 pm and 12 pm until 4 pm.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
We appreciate our volunteers and strive to make volunteering a fun, rewarding experience. Volunteers receive the following benefits:
- Free meal in the hospital cafeteria with each shift worked
- Volunteer celebrations and other hospital events
- Personal satisfaction from assisting others
- Social interactions with others, with the possibility of expanded friendships
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
To become a volunteer, first complete and submit the form on this page. A representative will contact you and help you through the orientation process, which includes:
- Paying $5 annual membership dues
- Completing the self-directed orientation assessment
- Having a free health assessment with our Occupational Health Nurse
- Having a TB test with our Occupational Health Nurse
- Providing documentation of receiving a completed COVID-19 vaccination series or submitting a religious/medical exemption form
- Getting an annual flu shot at Dickinson County Public Health
- Completing a background check form
- Receiving privacy education
Learn more about volunteer opportunities at Lakes Regional Healthcare by calling 712-336-8799 or learn more by reading our brochure
Summer 2023 Junior Volunteer Program
Lakes Regional Healthcare’s Summer Junior Volunteer Program is a great opportunity for high school and college students to experience the healthcare industry first-hand, learn new skills, develop their career path, and help others. To start the process to become a Junior Volunteer, you must complete and submit the application and parental consent form (if under 18 years old) by April 28, 2023 to:
Lakes Regional Healthcare
Attention: Jennifer Gustafson
PO Box AB
Spirit Lake, IA 51360
For more information, see program details, email Jennifer Gustafson,
or call 712-336-8799.
- Junior Volunteer Flyer
- Junior Volunteer Application
- Junior Volunteer Parental Consent Form
- Religious Exemption Form for COVID-19 Vaccination
- Medical Exemption Form for COVID-19 Vaccination