Dickinson County has an impressive emergency response team that includes many people. Fire fighters, local law enforcement officials, EMTs, paramedics, and more are always listening as 911 calls are placed, ready to jump into action to help residents and visitors throughout the community.
Lakes Regional Healthcare is honoring our local EMS providers by hosting an EMS Open House on Wednesday, May 24 from 5-7 pm in their Ambulance Garage and west parking lot. Those who attend the come-and-go event will be able to:
- Tour in and around the new emergency response vehicle thanks to donors to Lakes Regional Healthcare Foundation
- Tour in and around an ambulance
- Tour in and around a firetruck
- Tour in and around a helicopter used to transport medical patients to other facilities
- Go inside an inflatable fire house to learn about fire safety
- Receive information on EMS life-saving equipment such as the LUCAS CPR machine
The event is open to the public and there is no need to register for this event. Those with questions are encouraged to call Lakes Regional Healthcare MICS Supervisor Chris Yungbluth at 712-336-8642 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.